A Casazza is the chapel of the Sainte Croix de Calenzana friary
A Casazza stands opposite the church of St Blaise; this imposing monument is the oratory of the Ste Croix brotherhood. Originally, a first building dating from the 16th century stood here; the brotherhood administered there a pawnshop created in 1616; a brotherhood being by definition a charitable and pious institution, in case of food shortage, the seed was lent to the poor without charging interest. The building as we see it today dates from the beginning of the 19th century with the exception of a facade, a vestige of the old building; it has been listed in the supplementary inventory of Historic Monuments since March 2, 1981.
Individual visit :
Group visit :
- Individual visit :
All year round, daily.Generally open during the day, otherwise please enquire at the Town Hall.
Pets not accepted